Who says we can’t change the world?
Marketing Planning Manager, World Vision Australian
Jordana has championed the adoption of Agile principles and mindsets in
World Vision Australia’s Marketing Department over the last two years.
Relatively new to Agile, she is continually learning new ways to help creative teams deliver better work and is passionate about helping teams discover better ways of working together. As Marketing Planning Manager, Jordana has a broad and challenging remit. Her role is part process design, part operations, part budget management, part portfolio management and part team coach! In addition to being ‘all things Agile’ at World Vision, she can often be found chasing two mini monsters around the house, baking up a storm or barracking for her beloved St Kilda football club. Jordana has worked at World Vision Australia for seven years.
Abstract of Talk
Jordana will share her experience over the last two years of introducing and embedding Agile in the Marketing Department at World Vision, Australia’s largest international aid organisation.
She’ll provide insights into how her team has broken new ground in adapting Agile principles and tools for a not-for- profit environment, where the business goal is transformation in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children.
She’ll also delve into the unique challenges of applying Agile in the Marketing space and across a department comprising a broad sweep of functional disciplines, from Product, Brand, Creative and Social through to Campaign Management, Marketing Automation and Data Analytics.
You’ll hear what Jordana has learned along the way – evolving from the chaos of competing priorities, resource bottlenecks, and everyone starting everything but completing very little, to a place where continual improvements to shared working rhythms and rituals are starting to deliver real results.
Who says Agility can’t change the world?
Come and find out how World Vision
Australia is harnessing the power of agility to help solve poverty.
What can you expect?
- Welcome to World Vision! Meet the face of vulnerable children, the role Agile Marketing plays and what being ‘for purpose’ means for culture.
- Transformation is hard! – an insight into our key learnings (and challenges!) as we adopted strategies for agility in a non tech environment.
- Our first glimpse of success – our first campaign for our flagship product that exceeded target and reversed a 6 year decline.
- Success begets success – how our early accomplishments spurred a whole business to start changing.
The key learnings for anyone attending this talk are:
1. An insight into international aid and how World Vision can help more of the
worlds most vulnerable children because of agility
2. The power agility principles can have outside of software
3. Some tangible strategies to apply to non-tech teams who want to get better
at adapting Agile to their needs.